|... 4 more lines|
See a preview of the board and buy the parts from the kitspace.org page.
A power switch using a push button. It turns on with a single press and only turns off when you hold the button down. This could be used to get functionality similar to most laptops where a single press when on will initiate a "soft" shutdown but you can force a "hard" shutdown by holding it down.
The circuit is from this article.
The board is my own design and features:
- Standard 0.1" spacing, fits neatly onto a breadboard
- On-board button (and pins to connect your own)
- Two LEDs indicate input and output power
- Configurable to automatically turn on or stay off on initial power through a solder jumper (auto-off is the default)
- Can switch 3-20V and up to 4A