100% digital Original Xbox HDMI Concept Board
|... 11 more lines|
Original Xbox 100% Digital HDMI (Prototype)
Note: This is a 'working' but unfinished prototype. I don't plan to improve this further. See https://makemhz.com/products/xboxhd for a properly finished product with way more features.
- A few HDMI captures taken from this board are here: https://imgur.com/a/OkmB1Vs
- This is a prototype 100% digital Original Xbox HDMI addon PCB. It taps into the GPU pixel bus before it enters the analog video encoder and converts it to a HDMI compliant signal.
- It has not been fully tested and may not work for you. Use at your own risk. This should only really be a starting point to make something better.
- SPDIF digital audio is tapped off the Xbox motherboard and is also encoded into the HDMI signal for the best possible audio quality.
- This is a prototype board which should work on all Xbox revisions however a new flex would need to be designed to accomodate v1.6 motherboards with an Xcalibur encoder.
- 480i does not work reliably. Use a force 480p BIOS.
- The xbox kernels video modes are not compliant to proper HDMI signalling (v/hsync, porch delays etc). This does not have the ability to correct that. If your display is picky it may just not display anything.
- Currently the MakeMHz solution is recommended. https://makemhz.com/products/xboxhd. It is a completely independent design which has been much more tested and with more features.
Bill of materials
- Compile the code with VSCode and the platformIO plugin. It should automatically create the build sytem. Just click build.
- The STM32F07 driver must be programmed with the firmware.
- Programming is through the 5 pin SWD header on the PCB. Pinout from left to right:
+3V3, SWDCLK, GND, SWDIO, NRST
- Some debug output is via the pad labelled
TX. Baud 115200.
- Photo may not match final PCB layout.