Compare PCB Prices:
|... 10 more lines
b-parasite is an open source soil moisture and ambient temperature/humidity/light sensor.
- Capacitive Soil moisture sensor - see this blog post, this Twitter thread, and this post for nice resources on how they work
- Air temperature and humidity sensor using a Sensirion's SHTC3
- Light sensor using an ALS-PT19 phototransistor
- Powered by a common CR2032 coin cell, potentially for over two years
- Support for nRF52840 and nRF52833 modules
- Open hardware and open source design
This repository also hosts a few different firmware samples for b-parasite.
|This is the most battle-tested and useful firmware. It periodically reads all sensors and broadcast them via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). It works with Home Assistant out of the box.
|An experimental/educational/exploratory basic Zigbee sample built on nRF Connect + ZBOSS. It integrates with Home Assistant via ZHA or Zigbee2MQTT.
|The classic "Hello, world"
|Read the soil moisture sensor on a loop. Useful for experimenting and calibrating the sensor.
Information about how to order, assemble, build the samples, protect the sensor and flash the firmware is on the Wiki.
- code/nrf-connect/ - Common library and samples, built with Nordic's nRF Connect SDK.
- kicad/ - KiCad schematic, layout and fabrication files for the printed circuit board (PCB)
- data/ - data for testing and sensor calibration
- bridge/ - an ESPHome-based BLE-MQTT bridge
- case/ - a 3D printable case
A 3D printable case model can be found in case/.